BOYS WILL BE BOYS
Joshua I guess felt he had to prove to us that he was a boy last Friday. I caught him and the girls jumping on the coffee table. I asked them to get off as I turned around to grab something. Then next thing I heard was a very loud thunk followed by Joshua just screaming. He had hit his head on the rocking chair and gashed his head open. James rushed him to the ER where it took James and two nurses to hold him still so that the doctor could give him 4 stitches. The gash was about 3/4 inch and very deep. He was fine and when he got home he was so excited to tell me about the cool slipper socks that the hospital gave him. To prove that he was back to normal he then started to run up and down the hall in his new socks at full speed. I guess boys will be boys!
What will he do next?
P.S. I will post about Christmas as soon as I get pictures from my Sister and Mom.
Friday, Dec 27, 2008

7 comments:

The Steele Family said...

Hey...Merry Christmas! I saw your mom a couple weeks ago when I went down to Tehachapi...that was fun. So, how's everything goin?

Marlo said...

Wow, I saw Joshua today... boy that must've hurt. Your one tuff kid. hope it's your last visit to the ER (but it probably won't be) So glad your okay though

i said...

that is a prize winning scar! :)

Amber Waite said...

Oh no! Poor little guy. I'm glad he's ok now. That's never fun. Now he's got a good story to tell though. The time he jumped off the coffee table and got his Harry Potter scar. Love that kid. I'm glad your posting again. Keep it up.

jenwheezer said...

That is so funny. Yes, I think it is inevitable that boys will get stitches at sometime in their early childhood. Hey, I'm surprised I didn't see you at the hospital! I am thinking lately that I must be their best customer!

heidi said...

i don't want to have a future of needing to rush my kids to the hospital, but I know those days will come for me!

Lani said...

Poor little guy! But it is amazing how fast kids can bounce back from injuries!